Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lucy

The cover of Lucy does a good job of depicting the novel. I am usually not drawn to books that don't have vibrate colors. However, I really like the color green and I found it relaxing. I was intrigued by the chose of art on the front cover. While I was reading I imagined Lucy like the women on the front cover. Througout the book my image of Lucy changed, the women on the cover gave me starting point to image Lucy. The title Lucy font increased my interest because the big cursive "L" is one of the first things I notice along with the orange strip that has the author name. The cover of Lucy represents the book well to foreshadow the storyline.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree that the cover has a "relaxing" feeling about it. I found it both reflected and contradicted different parts of the story. There are some sections that have a very relaxed feeling about them, like when she was describing the lake they visited. At other times, though, I felt a sort of intensity in the writing, that yanked me in and commanded me to keep reading, which was definitely not relaxing!

    ReplyDelete