Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Othello Films

Aftering viewing two very different clips of Othello I was amazed on how much people can interpret Shakespeare differently. The 1965 film was staged more like a play, which I liked less than the one that was viewed in class. The creative differences used in Othello films and plays is very diverse and adds new dimensions to the play that I might have overlooked. It was interesting to see the final scenes of Othello played out after having the preconceived notion of what the characters looked like and what they were doing while I was reading it. After watching the films how I now imagine the final scene has changed and gotten more detailed. However, the bed is still significant to the imagery that I have of the final scene, just like the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment